If you’re planning for a golf trip and waiting for the summer, you have to reconsider the time and plan it in the winter season in Egypt, where you can find the warm weather, the perfect courses, and other leisure trips all the year. The golfing season will start in Egypt with “Red Sea Open” at Soma Bay on the 6th of October 2014 and continues with at least two tournaments each month.
Check our website www.blueskygroup.net and book your trip with us.
Here are 5 reasons why you should consider planning your next golf trip in Egypt
1. Prime locations with superior courts designs. Golf course in Egypt are all built by expert architects who built many international courts in the US and Europe; the French designer Yves Bureau who designed a well-known course that hosts many international events such as the BMW International Golf Cup, The Peugeot Challenge, etc. The design is an 18 hole Championship course that stretches some 6800 yards and an 9 hole course measuring 2985 yards. Another course is located in Soma Bay is designed by the “International Ambassador of Golf” Gary Player, who won the U.S. Open, Masters Tournament, and many other tournaments and awards. All the courses in Egypt include many facilities such as pro shops, caddies, golf buggies, restaurants, and some of them include Spa’s in-house.
2. Golfing in winter season. The winter seasons stops the golfers from their joy in almost the whole world. In Egypt the winter season is the best season to play golf, as our climate is mostly sunny with fresh breeze. There are also some courses that are located in cities where is always warm even in the winter, such as the ancient Luxor in Upper Egypt with its championship course, which was designed by the famous architect Arthur Davis. Other courses where the sun is always shining which are located in Sharm EL Sheikh in Sinai and are designed by one of the world’s finest landscapers “John Sanford.
3. Golfing in different cities with different environments. In Egypt you have a wide range of selection with various designs. You can select golfing in the heart of the city, where the River Nile and Cairo Tower are next to you, in “Gezira Sporting Club” which began as a British military club in 1882, and became a sporting club for the elites of the society. You can also choose to play on the shore, where you can find it in many courses located in EL Gouna, Soma Bay, Makadi Bay, Ain El Soukhna, and Sharm El Sheikh. You also have the chance to play golf in one of the oldest cities in the world “Alexandria” or in the ancient city “Luxor”, and even in courses located outside the cities.
4. Enjoying other leisure and sightseeing tours within your golf trip. Either you chose to play at the shore or in the city; you’ll be having the chance to discover Egypt, because your golf trip can be included to a longer trip. This trip may be a Long Nile Cruise from Cairo to Luxor, or even the shorter one between Luxor and Aswan. And if you decided to stay in Cairo you can visit Giza Pyramids, Sakara Pyramids, Coptic Cairo, Cairo Museum, Khan El Khalily Market, you may also be on the red sea in one hour by car, and many other trips. In the cities located on the sea you can enjoy many water-sports such as diving, snorkeling, boat trip, etc.
5. Exploring the old and the modern parts of the cities. Most of golf destinations in Egypt are both sides cities; cities that have the old ancient face and the modern youth face. And as theory says: “The best way to discover the city is to live as a traveler not a tourist”. So don’t just ask for the regular trips, see the beauty of the moder side that is not shown to tourists but travelers.